.... when you become jealous of your friends' friendship with another person?
You see, I have a fellow navy wife whom has always said that we'd be each other's wife during this deployment since both our hubbies are on the same ship. But in recent months, she has gone out with this other wife a lot more than me. She and this other wife have been out three times this week. I know that I am in no position to tell her who to be friends with or how often she can see them, and i would NEVER do that anyways... but I am feeling like I am being replaced so to speak. I feel left out or forgotten or that I've become uncool to hang out with. Like an outcast. Literally the last time I had a chance to hang out with her was at her house with about 8 other women. I showed up early to help her fix food, and stayed late and cleaned up and did the dishes by hand even! That was a month ago. I have seen her once when at a friends house for dinner, again with 4 other girls.
Am I being crazy? I know i'm feeling jealous and I shouldnt be obsessing over it like this, but I feel like she's been the one true, honest, and great friend I have here. I've only lived in this area for 3 years. I don't really know anyone else. So please, help a girl out. I don't want to say anything because I think it would make things awkward or make the situation worse, but at the same time I don't want to lose my friendship with her. What do I do? I miss her. And I wish we were hanging out like she and this other wife do. I always have a great time hanging out with her, but I feel like we don't see each other a lot anymore. So... am I crazy? should I let this go? Should I say something? ugh... my husband's away and I don't want to lose one of the only friendships I have here. Then I would feel completely alone. any advice?
No comments:
Post a Comment