so... to follow up on my last bitchy post I have some funny, random, crazy things happen today that I thought I'd share...
1) one of the boys I nanny got left at school after the bus left without him. I know this is sad as well as funny because he had to go to the bathroom really bad and told his brother to let the bus driver know to wait for him. Well apparently he took too long and she left without him. Once he realized what had happened he went to the office where they called his dad and his dad went to pick him up. I guess the funny part is, when I got the brother off of the bus I just stared at him, waiting for him to burst out with a "He didn't get on the bus! The bus driver left without him!" But nothing of the sort came out of his mouth. After waiting 5 minutes for him to realize his brother wasn't with him, I asked him if he was missing something. He replied, "No, I bought lunch today" thinking I meant his lunch box. I asked "what about your brother?" His reply was wide eyes as he turned in every direction expecting his brother to walk off the bus that had already left down the street. All I could do was laugh because he didn't even realize his brother wasn't on the bus! I know thats a mean thing to say but it's just so-gosh-darn cute to make up!
2) on the way home I heard a song called Pants on the radio where one of the lines was "she can wear the pants as long as I get to take 'em off". Who comes up with these lines?! LOL
3) In my half-dead state of exhaustion I must not have locked one of my dogs' crate door because upon returning home, I go to let them out in our bedroom and my boy, Boss, is on our bed wagging his tail at me. I was shocked and surprised to see him there, then it turned to regret as I hurridly rushed around the room to see what he might have gotten into or peed on. Nothing. I was then thoroughly impressed with him. Maybe I'll start leaving them out.
So I will close with saying that it is POURING here and the rain is not supposed to let up any time soon because there's talk of some serious flooding tomorrow. Can we say "No school"? I kind of hope so. That way I can sleep in and get some things done around the house that I've been putting off. Or I could just use the day for me to relax, take a bubble bath, cook, bake, watch a whole bunch of TV and do nothing. Either way it would be nice. If there is school tomorrow, then it sucks to be me because I have to drive through pretty much ALL of the low-lying areas of town to get to the house where I nanny. Back home, in NH, we did a Snow Dance so there would be no school. Here, I do the Heavy Rain Dance so some flooding happens so I can have a day off. lol I think I'm worse than the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment