February 14, 2011

V-Day blues???

Not really. I've been doing pretty well since deployment has us apart this Valentine's Day. I admit, when I went to work this morning and saw my boss and her husband sitting at the counter reading the paper with a big boquet of red roses in between them, I felt a little sad. But more jealousy which I'm sure I would've felt no matter if hubby was here or not, because unless I flat out tell him I want roses or I buy them for myself, I don't get roses. It's fine though because hubby does spoil me in little ways all year long so today isn't a huge deal to me. I just miss his presence more than usual, which I think is to be expected.

anyways, I got a little choked up even seeing the boys hand their mother a single long stemmed rose, not because I wanted my hubby to be there or to give me roses, but because it was just so sweet and thoughtful! My boss' hubby did a great job on Valentine's Day this year!

So tonight, I was invited to dinner with my boss and her family and I'm going to go. Because I need to get out on this Valentine's Day and because they actually care about me, and isn't that what this holiday is about? Spending time with loved ones and showing them how much you care? So instead of wallowing in self-pity like I really thought I'd be doing, I'm doing really well and even going out tonight with friends. No... scratch that. Family. They really have made me feel like family. So today I'll celebrate Valentine's Day with Family and enjoy spending time with people I care about. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day with the people you care about.

    (I never get roses either.)

    ReplyDelete