November 17, 2010

A Month for the Books...

So in the last month, my rollercoaster ride has gotten WAY out of control! I feel as though I'm going to run off the tracks and careen down to firey death. Here's the run down of the last 30 days for me (and a couple days in the future):

Oct. 22nd - miscarriage (LOW)
Oct 25 - nov 5th - work gets crazy with kids sick and usual fits of not wanting to do homework
Nov. 2 - Friend "L" was supposed to care for dogs Nov 10th through the 16th backed out (LOW)
Nov. 6 - board dogs at kennel for the weekend which got extended to the 17th after friend "L" backed out
Nov. 7 - take hubby to see fav NFL team in person (HIGH)
Nov. 8 & 9 - back to work
Nov 10 - fly to midwest to be in childhood friend's wedding (HIGH)
Nov 13 - see childhood friend get married (HIGH)
Nov 14 - find out grandfather has elected to stop cancer treatments and just be kept comfortable (LOW)
nov 15 - spend day being a typical tourist (HIGH)
nov 16 - board plane to find a voicemail from Mom, call back and find out grandfather has just died, call boss and explain I'll need more time off, hubby calls boss to find out if he CAN take time off, continue flying home and check out account to see if we can afford to fly back for funeral (MAJOR LOW)
nov 17 (today) research airline tickets, M&D are paying for said tickets, find out both hubby and i can go to funeral but must be back to work on Monday morning, doing as much laundry as possible so hubby and I can both pack (STILL LOW)

Nov 18 - work, pack, check in online for flight
Nov 19 - fly back to midwest, evening visiting hours (LOW)
Nov 20 - funeral, burrial (BOTTOM)
Nov 21 - fly home
Nov 22 - go back to work, my father's bday, pick up dogs after 17 days straight at the kennel
Nov 23 - work
Nov 24 - early release, so working longer day
Nov 25 - thanksgiving

Ugh... I am not prepared for this. Time has flown by so quickly these last couple of weeks and yet it feels like so much has happened that its been months! I need a vacation for a full week (or MORE!) where I can just curl up in bed and sleep or read and have nothing I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment