February 10, 2011

Snow day?!

okay, so I live in VA and the cities here don't know how to handle snow nor have the budget to get themselves the equipment to handle snow. So with 2 inches on the ground, most of the schools in the area were closed. Usually I work all day when school is out, but today, God shined his grace down on me! *aaaahhhhhhhhhhh* The grandmother took the kids for the day and I GOT THE DAY OFF!!!!!! Totally exciting! I got to sleep in, stay in my pj's all day and do nothing but watch movies on the Starz channels. It was glorious!

The unglorious part about my day was discovering hubby has spent MORE in this port call than the last one! he spent $250 in the last one, and now $290 in this one! When will he learn! I told him in an email that if he kept this up, I might have to start selling some things to compensate. And I might just start with his mustang convertible that he loves so much. I'm hoping that'll get through to him. The car is paid off, so I could totally sell it since I have a complete power of attorny. :)

On the baby front: I had an appointment with a "specialist" yesterday. I put quotations around that because going into the appointment I did not believe he would be worth much good because he's a Navy doctor and I'm not really sure they can qualify him as a "specialist" based on my past experiences with Navy doctors who call themselves "specialist". But this guy was for real. Dr. S is what I'll call him. I was asked a BUNCH of questions and since hubby is deployed I couldn't accurately give his family medical history (i called my MIL to ask and I'll tell DR. S next time I see him). But after the questions, he did a full physical exam of my and my insides. Then after I got dressed, we talked about what he'd like to do next: more tests. Who'd have thunk it?! lol So he put my on Provera to induce bleeding. Once I start bleeding I call this one woman who'll order blood and urine tests as well as an HSG test. The urine test has to be done 24 prior to the HSG test. But I can't have the HSG test until I'm done bleeding, so it's all a matter of waiting and timing. I call once I start, pray I stop before I have my urine and blood tests and then go to the hospital radiology the next day for my HSG test. As many of my fellow IFer's will sympathize with me about the HSG test, let me fill the rest of you in. First off, I'm not sure how to pronounce, let alone spell, the full name of this test. But the accronym is HSG. What happens is they stick a cathedar up my coochy and inject dye into me. Thent hey take Xrays of my pelvic region to see if my tubes have any blockages, or my uterus is oddly shaped, or if there's army men up there that are protecting my eggs like Fort Knox (and succeeding) or something. Now here's the complications. First off, the tests are only scheduled on Thursdays. Thursdays are bad for me because I take O to therapy and then take him to school. I usually take the mom's car for this which doesn't have DoD stickers. So even if I were to schedule the test for after I'm down taking O to school, I can't get through the gates to get to the hospital for the test to be done. Secondly, on the sheet of paper they give you explaining everything, they RECCOMEND taking 800mg of Motrin one hour before the procedure. They even describe is as "uncomfortable". You know what that translates to me? It's fucking painful! ugh! And I asked Dr S if it would affect the rest of my day and he said no. I'll just have some "mild" cramps and need to wear a pad afterwards for "unusual discharge". yeah... okay! I have to go through this "uncomfortable" test by myself on a day that is impossible for me to schedule it to begin with and then go around the rest of the day with "mild" cramps?! yeah... I highly doubt it will go smoothly.

I also found out that Dr S cannot legally discuss hubby's seman analysis with me unless he give me written consent. And of course it has to be their own specialize form. So now I have to express mail this one piece of paper out there to him, have him sign it, and then trust he'll send it immediately back? again.... yeah, okay! Dr S you're nuts if you think my hubby will remember to do such a thing! It'll be quicker to just wait for him to come back and sign the damn paper in person!

So after some bumps in the road and some nervous about what's to come, I got a nice snow day today to relax and not even give it one thought. It was good to not worry today and just do something mindless today like watch TV. Tomorrow it's back to the grind and then the weekend to get things accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. you're the first person to tell me that! My boss said she had to call out of work for 2 days after she had hers done. Another friend of mine just had to be out that day. I just hope I can get through it okay.

    ReplyDelete