So obviously it has been a VERY, VERY long time since I've posted. Life, as so many know, has become chaotic. We are in a new year and life as I know it has changed. Again. But that is nothing new to this Navy wife. Casey's ship has been delayed for months getting out of it's maintenance period. But finally they are looking like they'll be moving out soon. This is a blessing and a curse. I am thrilled for them to be moving on because my husbands job has had him working long hours with bitchy people on a 3 section duty. But its also a curse because once they move on out they'll start their underways to prepare for a deployment only God knows when. While I have been through a deployment before (the first 3 months we were married he was deployed) I am in a different place in my life now than i was then. We own our house, have 3 beagles to care for, and I have a job which doesn't allow me to come home in the middle of the day to let them out. Also they've been around for so long I haven't even mentally prepared myself for doing the dishes by myself, mowing the lawn by myself, cleaning the house by myself, dealing with legalities (should they arise) by myself and pretty much just spending every day for months by myself. Before I was living in a house with multiple people all with different personalities which kept life busy and interesting. This time, it's just me and the dogs. It will be very different. I know I will have my job to keep me busy but that can only go so far.
And while I'd like to say I have a ton of friends here who will keep me busy and get me out of the house, I cannot say I that I have that many. I can only think of ONE person who has been a friend to me for a while and she has never wavered in our friendship once. Everyone else is more the fairweather friend type which has me completely baffled and hurt. Some of these people used to tell me "I'm always here for you" and when I need them, they're off doing something, unreachable or just choose not to help a so-called friend. So "friends" have come and gone like seasons for me. I'm trying to imply that I've been the perfect friend, but i always try to help when and where I can. This is often hard to do with my friends who are miles away.
Now jumping back to the job thing. Last time I posted I was working for the Wrights. Wrong. It turns out that fell through and I never worked a single day for them. So my job search continued. I had interviewed for a position with a family with 4 children, 3 of which were triplets and one of the triplets having cerebral palsy. It would be a challenge for me because I've never worked with special needs children. The family was wonderful! The hours were perfect! And the pay was more than satisfactory. Well they chose another person as their nanny and my job search commenced once again. Well it never really stopped, just put on hold because I was really hoping for this job. So a week later I got an email from this great family asking if the mother could call me. Of course I said sure but was curious as to why. Apparently the woman they had hired had some indiscretions in her background check that they weren't thrilled about. So they asked me if I was still available for hire! Of course I said yes! It was one of the best days of my life and today I know i am truly blessed to have this job! It's so perfect for me and the family is just great. I make enough money to help Casey's income to pay bills and we've even paid off his car!
About a year ago our roommate Jon, moved out so we have had the house to ourselves for a while. Right now a friend of ours, Mike, has moved since he and his gf split. Its nice having someone else in the house again. Also there's a possibility of Casey life-long friend, Nick, moving in for a bit. That's if he gets this job. I hope he does get the job. It'll be great to have people in the house again and it's also a great opportunity for him to advance in his career and actually do what he wants to do. Bit of random news here: my parents are coming to town for a visit. I'm excited to see them. Nervous too. But they're my parents. I think they'll always make me a little nervous. I think that's all the updates. Oh! Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment