I'm sorry. I realize I have neglected my blog and keeping you few (lol) updated. So to get you up to speed, here's what's going on.
Casey got out of work early on Friday (very rare, but yeah!). So we ran some errands. We went to Jo Anne Fabrics and picked out some new fleece material for a new blanket for him. The we had a relaxing weekend where Casey had duty on Saturday and I watched The Holiday for the first time (awesome movie! I am in LOVE with it now!). Sunday we slept in, had Panera for a late lunch and decided we'd have our own Harry Potter marathon in honor of the new movie coming out last night. So we started watching the movies in order. Monday I had lunch with Megan at Olive Garden and I must say their Chicken and Gnocchi soup is REALLY good and you should try it. It's like an Italian style chicken and dumplings except more sophisticated. Again, you just need to try it for yourself. Then we went back to her house and watched Juno after I got the grand tour (since I'd never been there before). I am TOTALLY having her decorate our house! She is so good at it! Then Casey picked me up so she didn't have to drive me all the way back through the tunnel. On Tuesday Casey was supposed to have duty but he wasn't on the watch bill because he was taking a test. He still hasn't heard exactly how he did so pray it went well and he hears soon! Anyways! I actually got up early for once and ran some errands and then joined Megan at the pool with some lunch for the both of us. I didn't want to burn like I had before at the pool with her so I decided to duck out early. Plus I didn't want to get stuck in tunnel traffic forever. Then Casey came home cuz he wasn't on the watch bill and we continued our Harry Potter marathon.
OK! So this brings us to today! This morning I slept in only a little bit and go up about 8:30. Not bad. I sat around watching the NCIS marathon and the dogs slept/ played. Then I got a call from Megan saying that the pool where she's an attendant is in real need of another pool attendant. So she told her boss that I would be a good fit because my nanny job doesn't start until September 1 and the pool closes Labor day. Plus I'm not really working anywhere else, and this pool gig would be really easy. I pretty much would just have to test the water when I get there and call the head maintenance lady and let her know the levels were either good or bad. After that 5 minutes of work, basically, I'd get to lay by the pool and get a tan. I don't have to be lifeguard certified because I am not responsible for the lives at the pool I would be responsible for the pool itself. I think it's a pretty sweet job. So I hope I get it. If I do, it won't pay much, but it'll be something which I'm happy for.
In about an hour or so I'm scheduled to be at the Wright house to smooth out the details of my nanny job. I'm really excited because it will be a newborn; and if you know me, then you know that I LOVE newborns, infants, babies. Pretty much anything baby I love! But the baby isn't even born yet. She due to be induced at the beginning of August. I'm really looking forward to knowing more about the job, the house, the schedule, the hours, the pay, etc. Just more about the job in general. I also would like to learn how they plan on doing their taxes. Because if they file a certain form I believe I have to pay taxes quarterly instead of annually. I think I'm just going to have to go to like H&R Block and ask someone about it. But again I'll know more tonight. I've only met them once but Tara (the mother to be) seems so sweet and Archie (her hubby) is kinda quiet but there's nothing wrong with that. I must admit that I'm devilishly curious to know the story behind her life. She had her first child, a son, at age 21. He's 17 and she's now pregnant with her 2nd and she said her last. But I guess I'm just curious, if she was married before and is divorced or if her son was a product of just a relationship. It's so bad to want to know, but I am a nosey person. And I promise you that I won't be asking flat out the story. I don't plan on pushing to know the details or anything. But I will probably figure it out after a while of working with them. It's not like I'm judging them, I just like knowing people's stories. Our stories and past experiences shape so much of who we are today! It's actually quite fascinating to me.
So that is the official update.
No comments:
Post a Comment