January 17, 2011

Day 4

ALLLLRRRRIIIIGGGHHHTTTYYY THEN! 4 days down! only a couple more to go! <--- complete sarcasm there. Anyways. This weekend has been decently productive. I went out and ran errands, bought some last minute things I need to send to hubby for this deployment, cleaned my downstairs, done about 6 loads of laundry, organized my downstairs and master bedroom. I also went grocery shopping and actually cooked meals instead of eating random junk from my pantry all weekend. I was lazy this last week with hubby leaving. I didn't go to the gym. The last time I was in the gym was last monday. 7 days ago. Uh-oh. I have my last free personal training session tomorrow. He's gonna kill me with that work out. I'll be honest with him and tell him that it was a really rough week and I didn't get to the gym and maybe, just maybe, he'll take it a little easy on me. I hope. I guess I have my fingers crossed.

In other news.... hubby has emailed twice. I'm pretty excited about that. He's told me that when they do pull into ports at various times, "they" (i'm not really sure who he means by "they") plan to have soccer games which he's completely ecstatic about! He and I previously argued about the fact that he wanted to bring his cleets with him on this deployment. I told him he wasn't going to need them! When they pulled into port I didn't think they'd be playing much soccer, but be sightseeing or going out to eat or something. But not playing soccer. Welp... he is very happy to make me say, via email, that "he was right and I was wrong". Who woulda guessed? Not I for sure. But I'm glad he's excited about it. Hopefully he doesn't have to work too much whenever they pull into a port so he can go play. He really loves soccer.

Anyways, I'm pretty proud so far of all I've accomplished. My week this week is actually pretty packed. I'm looking forward to some things this week and then getting to another weekend to knockout more cleaning and organizing. I'm the kind of persona that can keep things organized if I'm not completely crazy busy. But when I am crazy busy and the organizing gets put on the back burner like it has been these last couple of months, it's the hardest thing to get back into doing. But I'm doing okay with it. Then after that.... I plan on moving some furniture around and up and down stairs and such. My good friend M. came over this past weekend and helped me fix a beam on the outside of my front door that was blown off by the wind. It was very nice of him to help and I paid him in food. He just started school and moved into a new place and with some friends of his. I figured... new place.... probably not a whole lot of food in the house. So I sent him off with 4 grocery bags full of hamburger helpers, mac and cheese, snacks, and such. He's a good guy and said I could call on him if I ever need anything done that requires the help of a man like lifting or drilling or replacing stuff. You know... maintenance kind of stuff. He's a real good guy. I lucky to have him as a friend. Anyways, I have to get up in the morning for work. This 3 day weekend was wonderful, but it's back to the grind tomorrow. Goodnight internet world.

No comments:

Post a Comment