August 06, 2010

Another paper bracelet

So since my post this morning I have received yet another paper bracelet from the ER. After I posted this morning I had a very small lunch and then proceeded to have crazy intense side pains. I took pain medication and after an hour of waiting for the pain to subside, I decided something wasn't right and drove to the hospital. first off, I wasn't supposed to drive myself because I'm not supposed to be operating heavy machinery while taking my pain meds. Oh well, cuz all the people I know have jobs and my husband is gone! Well I got halfway there and swear I was going to puke, so I pulled over as quickly and safely as possible. I didn't end up throwing up but the pain was so strong I started crying right then and there on the side of the highway! It was awful! Once I felt I could go on, I jumped back in my car and made it to the hospital. Of course it was packed. I got there about 2:30. I checked in and proceeded to get my vitals taken at triage where I started crying again because the pain was just too much. I was told I still had to go back out into the lobby and wait to be called back. Of course "they'd try to get to me as soon a possible". PPPPSSSSHHHHHH! ya right! I sat in the lobby almost 2 full hours before my name was called! Then I had to repeat my story to a nurse, corpsman, and doctor. Then I waited. And then I waited some more. Then finally I was told they needed me to give a urine sample. I thought, "Finally! They're going to actually test and treat me!". I did my thing and was told that they'd probably give me some extra pain meds and send me on my way but I wasn't allowed to drive because I would take this new pain med at the hospital. So now I'm racking my brain of anyone who could come pick me up and wouldn't mind. I thought about my good friend Lisa who essentially stayed with me all yesterday. She was kind enough to oblige and came to the hospital to get me. But the docs weren't done yet of course. Even after she showed up, we waited for a long while before anyone came in! Then of course there was a shift change so I got a new nurse, and corpsman. Thankfully I still had the same doctor. So he came back and told me that there wasn't any new information, just that there was still a lot of blood in my urine which meant that the stone was still in my kidney. So I got a shot of pain meds in my butt. Being a girl who doesn't like needles this was scary to think about. But it wasn't that bad after all. I guess because my butt is so..... fleshy. yeah... thats the word I'll use right now. lol But now the problem is the whole not being able to drive thing. My car was parked in the ER lot. How was I to get it home if Lisa was driving me home? And if these 2 days give any indication on how I was to feel until my stone has passed, how am I going to drive myself to and from work being on my pain meds? If I don't take them so I can drive, how will I get through my day without keeling over? Do they really expect me to stay home all day, every day and not go anywhere without going CRAZY?!?! According to the docs, it can take up to 4 WEEKS for a stone to pass!!! ugh! This is not going to be fun. As unsafe as it sounds, I will probably end up cheating and going out while on my pain meds. I just need to be very careful and I will probably not be out too late. Either way I have found that this searing pain in my side will come and go. I just hope this all passes quickly so I can just move on and be normal for once.

On a brighter note, I got an email from my hubby today! It actually came to my blackberry while I was sitting in the waiting room. Now I'm not complain... well actually I guess I kind of am. Anyways, this was the first email I've gotten from him since he left at the beginning of this week. While I was glad to hear from him, I was a little disappointed too. I had emailed him Tuesday night. And then was too tired to email him Wednesday night. Then Thursday all this kidney stone stuff occurred and I just relaxed most of the day. But I did email him details of everything that happened once I got home and was settled. Well this email I got today had this one sentence in it... "Hey I'm glad we know what was causing the pain." then he went on to tell me other things about life on the boat! Like I said I am glad I got an email at all, but come on!!!! I have been in pain for hours upon hours and feeling guilty about leaving my boss in a bind because I couldn't be at work, and I was drugged up and this is seriously the worst pain I've ever felt in my life and he says one little thing about it. I was sort of hoping for a little bit more concern on his end. I mean I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to make a fuss over myself. So when I say I think its time to see a doctor or go to the ER, then you know it's serious. So I kind of wished he was a little bit more concerned for me, but like I said, I am glad he emailed me. Also in this email, he told me the whole division shaved their heads! ugh! I swear if he walks off that boat with a bald head I'm sending him back until it grows back. I love my husband, I really do. But he does not have an attractive head. There are only a few guys out there that can pull of a completely bald head before their senior discounts kick in. My husband is not one of them. But at least he did it now, because I'm sure by the time they get back it'll be grown out (thank heaven!). He also gave his mailing address so I can send him stuff! I'm so excited! Except I can't drive to take it to the post office, and we're pretty much broke because I bought plane tickets this month to go to Chicago for a wedding I'm in. So now I need ideas of things I can put in a box to him that doesn't cost anything. I plan on making some food like brownies or cookies, but if any of you ladies have any ideas of what I could put in there I'd appreciate the ideas! Thanks gals! Well, I think it's time to get off the rollercoaster ride for tonight. I'm beat. But I get to start it all over again tomorrow. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment