So today was a decent day. I was a little tired but, thats to be expected since there's 4 of them and only 1 of me! Anyways, this morning's job was to go to the library and get new books and ACTUALLY have them read them out loud. The dreaded "S" word will be starting soon and they need to practice. So we went, got books, they played and I actually got a library card! I'm kind of excited! I haven't had a library card since I was a kid! I had forgotten how much fun it is to read books and look through the stacks and everything. It's like a treasure hunt for me. I think all this stems from the fact that I just finished Eat. Pray. Love. and loved it.
Back to the rest of the day! Then the plan was to go back to the house, rest a little while I make lunch, eat lunch and then go to the Aquarium. The family is a member of practically every attraction in the area. So then I realize the card says the mom and dad's names on it and on the back is says upon entrance you must present a MATCHING photo ID. That posed a probably. Obviously I am not their mom and definitely not their dad. So I texted the mom to explain and turns out she was in meetings most of the day and wouldn't really be able to help a whole bunch. I called the aquarium and told them the situation and they said a flat out NO! I mean I am the nanny for the family and the mom has expressed that the whole reason they are members is so that I can take them places for free so they are entertained (I mean every mom and summer sitter knows that at this point of the summer the kids are bored with what they've got in the house). So we did not end up going. We had a leisure lunch instead of a rushed one. Then we read our new books from the library. Then we relaxed and the boys had their afternoon Wii time and we played with putty. I started putting my fingerprints in the putty and showing the boys the patterns. They thought this way cool. So I made up a game of them needing to guess what made the pattern. I would impress a pattern or object in the putty and they had to guess it. It went well until I had the bright idea of putting the remote in the putty because the remote set up was actually a kind of cool pattern. But when I went to pull the putty off, it wouldn't budge. Then I'm thinking "oh &$^%*#!" Obviously couldn't say that in front of the kids. So I pull the large chunk off and find that it has stuck to every single button it could and of course it was not coming off easily. I feel horrible! I'm completely embarrassed! I feel like I'm the child and going to be spoiled and feeling desire to run and hide so I don't have to explain the black COX remote with the yellow putty stuck to all the buttons. In the last 30 minutes of my day, I spend it furiously trying to get as much putty off as I can! This does not work out the way I had hoped. For a split second I contemplated blaming it on one of the kids, but I knew they'd rat me out anyways. So in the end I fessed up once the mom got home. She wasn't concerned but of course I still feel horribly responsible and needing to buy them a new remote.
The mom was more concerned with the fact that we didn't go to the aquarium. So tonight after my putty incident, I have researched free or cheap things to do with kids in the area. I have 3 pages worth of information and I'm ready to present it to her tomorrow. I'm hoping this will redeem me after today's fiasco! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment