August 07, 2010

Better Day

So today was a good day. I got to sleep in (thank you puppies!) and I went and did some retail therapy. I got myself a cute new purse! I'm so excited! I probably did a big no-no though. I took one of my percosets and went out. As in I drove myself around. I felt completely fine and I didn't crash into anything. And yes I do realize the horrible possibilities that could've happened. I don't plan to do it often. I went to the bank and deposited a check, I got some Friendly's for lunch, I bought some new layering coats/ jackets from Dressbarn, and I got the dogs food and some toys because I can't help but spoil them!

Although one thing did happen today that concerns me. I heard from my boss today. She is a wonderful lady who was checking in on me. We chatted a bit about how I was feeling and such. Then the topic turned towards work and how I do have plans to be at work Monday morning. She seems very concerned about me being at work. Don't get me wrong, there is no way in hell I'd put the boys in harms way or jeopardize their safety for myself. I know it is ultimately her decision whether or not she feels it's okay for the boys to be around me while I am still dealing with my kidney stones, but I don't want to lose my job. I want to be at work. I do NOT want to be sitting in this house all day every day for a week or two or however long it takes to pass this stone. Like I said, I want to go to work. I need to go to work. My husband is gone right now, all my other friends work, and I'm not supposed to drive while on my percoset so that leaves me sitting at home by myself for days on end! I will go mentally insane! Plus I'm scared. I'm scared that if she doesn't want me to be at work, she'll find a replacement for the intent of it being temporary and then deciding it's best to just make it a permanent change. I do not want to lose my job. I love the family. I love the boys. I am willing to do whatever she feels is best but I want to fight for my job. I have truly been blessed to have this job. It has been wonderful to me! And I hope I have shown them that I am a good worker and will continue to do good work for them in the future. I don't want to be replaced because of this whole kidney stone situation. I will never find a job that is more perfect for my life right now! I'm really afraid she'll call and tell me not to show up to work for awhile. And then I'll get a call telling me that they're just going to make the change permanent. I understand she needs to do what's best for her kids and I understand her concern in terms of my driving the kids around or where they need to go if I have to take my meds. I worry about that too. But I do believe it can be worked out. I really just hope that they see that I want to be working for them and enjoy my work.

So while today was a good day, I do have this issue weighing on my mind. But I did title this as "better day" because a lot of good things did happen today. I got my car back (thanks to Lisa) and I spoiled my dogs, which I love to do, and I got a new purse, and I got to have Friendly's ice cream. I also got an email from my hubby! :) It really was only 3 sentences long but it's better than nothing . He said when he'd be off watch, so I'm going to set my alarm and try to be online when he is so that maybe we can have an email conversation. Those are always nice. But for now I'm off to have a small snack and read before bed. G'night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment