August 06, 2010

Wanted: True Friendship

So day 2 of my kidney stone process has barely begun and I'm already in pain. But the pain isn't in my side, it's lower. I'm assuming this means that the stone is passing into my bladder which I hope means I can pass it soon and have this whole ordeal over with! ugh!

It was nice to have someone with me yesterday. Lisa was kind enough to stay pretty much the whole day with me. Now today.... is another story. I got up at like 7:30 only God knows why! Then fed the dogs and such, grabbed the paper, read some articles and took a shower. I even started some laundry. But it's 10am and I'm bored and wanting to not be alone today. Now I just checked my facebook and I have found a friend of mine could be completely moved in to a new place in Charleston SC by this time next year! I always new they would move there because she has divulged this information to me before. But since I consider her one of my BEST FRIENDS, I guess I wish she had told me in person and I didn't have to find out on facebook with everyone else. She has a new job and such so I understand she can't get together as much anymore because she's got longer hours now. But still I sometimes feel like I'm just a convenience friendship to her. Like she only talks to me when her hubby is about to leave or while he's gone. I really wish I could meet some girls who would be my friend no matter who was around or not. I understand that when your husband is home you want to spend time with him. Believe me I get it because yes I admit I have not made plans with girlfriends because I knew my hubby was in town. So yes I get it. But, whether my hubby is around or not, I try to make plans with my friends as soon as we're both available. Maybe I have too high of standards, or maybe I just haven't found the right friends. I don't know. I just wish people could grow up, be mature and be a true friend in every sense of the word.

Well now that I have ranted I have a headache. I've already taken a percoset this morning so I can't take another until 3pm. But maybe I'll take some tylenol and take a nap. It's not like any one's going to call me or ask to hang out today. No one ever does.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you pass that kidney stone quickly...I've has them before and they are yucky! Drink lots & lots of water:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thank you for the following! =)

    I hope you start feeling better here soon. I've never had a kidney stone before, but I had some severe stomach pains a couple years and they thought I might've had some. It turns out I didn't out, but the pain was TERRIBLE.

    I hope the situation with your friend improves. It sucks when everybody else's lives seems to be moving on pretty good and yours just kinda stays at a standstill. I hope it gets better. =)

    ReplyDelete